The New Directions in Leadership Research Conference is a small, annual research conference sponsored by Duke University, Eramsus University, INSEAD, and the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Each year the conference convenes leading and emerging scholars in the field of leadership and ethics, specifically those individuals whose research goes beyond traditional leadership research. The location of the conference rotates among the partner universities, and the 2016 event will be hosted by the Center for Leadership & Change Management at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
This year’s conference will take place Thursday June 16 – Friday June 17, 2016 (registration will open at 8:00am on June 16, and the conference will adjourn at 1:00pm on June 17).
The conference will focus on three broad themes:
- Leadership and Emotions (including leadership and personality, and leadership and the self)
- Leadership and Social Networks (including team leadership, leadership and diversity, and leadership in extreme settings)
- Leadership and Governance at the Upper Echelons
For more information about the 2016 NDLR Conference, please contact Carlene Moore, Conference Coordinator, McNulty Leadership Program.
To contact one of the conference organizers:
- Drew Carton, Assistant Professor of Management (email | website)
- Katherine Klein, Edward H. Bowman Professor of Management at the Wharton School (email | website)
- Michael Useem, William and Jacalyn Egan Professor of Management, and Director, Center for Leadership and Change Management at the Wharton School
(email | website)