An insider’s guide to creating your own path to the corner office.
How can I reach the C-suite? That is the most common question Cassandra Frangos hears from the executives she coaches. Many aspire to reach the C-suite, but the typical paths to the top are hard to find and difficult to follow.
In Crack the C-Suite Code, Frangos reveals the hidden dynamics for reaching C-suite. She offers expert guidance based on her experience as a consultant at Spencer Stuart and former head of global executive talent at Cisco, a company with 70,000 employees. Her deep research on the topic includes candid interviews with CEOs, hundreds of aspiring C-suite candidates, and the leading experts in the field.
Frangos identifies four core paths you can follow to reach the C-suite: The Tenured Executive, The Free Agent, The Leapfrog Leader, and The Founder. To actively improve your chances for success, she presents:
- Insider knowledge from current CEOs and well-known executives
- Guiding questions that clarify the risks and rewards associated with each path
- Accelerators and derailers that either enhance or detract from your chances to succeed
- Advice on how to leverage your experience, leadership brand, and mindset to help you land on the c-suite short list
- Insight on how the evolving role of the CEO affects your strategy to reach the top
A career playbook for anyone who aspires to the top spot, Crack the C-Suite Code features advice from successful C-level leaders, including Accompany’s Amy Chang, Goldman Sachs’ Edith Cooper, Nest’s Yoky Matsuoka, Cisco’s Chuck Robbins, and Corning’s Wendell Weeks. These and other top leaders from a broad range of companies, including Microsoft, Google, and General Electric, tell the stories of their success and help aspiring executives crack the C-suite code.